Aloha Backpack Buddies
The Maui Food Bank’s wonderful Aloha Backpack Buddies program is one of the Fairmont Kea Lani’s longest-standing volunteer opportunities. This program provides underprivileged school kamali’i (children) with six healthy meals to cover their weekend while school is not in session.
Rooted in Aloha
Rooted in Aloha is a reforestation initiative created by Fairmont Kea Lani in partnership with Skyline Conservation. Through restoration of the native forests on the slopes of Haleakalā, this visitor supported conservation program provides an opportunity for people to directly support preservation of Maui’s native resources.
Maui is home to many important non-profit organizations that have lasting impacts on the island. Here are some others we encourage you to learn more about and support.
- The Boo Boo Zoo at East Maui Animal Refuge
- Feed My Sheep, Food Distribution
- Hawaiʻi Wildlife Life
- Help The Homeless Keiki
- Kīpuka Olowalu
- Mālama Maui Nui Beach Cleanups
- Maui Food Bank, Donations
- Maui Humane Society, Beach Buddies
- Maui Ocean Center, Beach Cleanups
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- Redline Rafting
- Skyline Conservation
- Trilogy Blue ʻAina Reef Cleanup